If you are reading this blog, it’s likely you don’t have the latest version of software, and you are ready to upgrade and make a change to your business software solutions.
We bet you are asking yourself the same questions: “what makes Sage 200c different from previous releases?” and “why should I upgrade?”. If you’re wondering what makes Sage 200c stand out from the crowd, keep reading…
Last year, Sage released a major new update of its ever popular Sage 200 ERP software called Sage 200c.
Built on direct customer feedback, the new release focuses on simplifying business processes, customer experience and productivity so you can focus on what matters most – running your business. Sage also releases regular updates, so you don’t have to wait around for a whole year to benefit from even more new features! But let’s take a deep dive so you can find out the benefits for yourself:
Benefits of Sage 200c software:
Access data anytime, from anywhere.
Sage 200c combines the power of desktop and the freedom of the cloud. Access anywhere, anytime functionality allows you to access data when you’re away from the office on mobile devices, as well as standard PCs, laptops and tablets.
Speed up reconciling.
Cut out the tedious task of re-keying bank payments by connecting Sage 200c with your bank account, to download your bank transactions. Watch transactions flow seamlessly into Sage 200c and simply confirm what you want to post or match – giving you an insightful overview of the health of your business.
Simplify your invoicing.
The new Invoicing module allows you to create invoices and credit notes without the need to produce them via the Sales Order Processing module, ideal for service-based businesses, who don’t need to keep track of stock and where there is no lead time between the customer placing an order and the invoices being sent out.
Save time with batch entry.
Users of Sage 50 have always preferred the fast Purchase Invoice entry method where lines can be quickly entered into a grid, rather than having to complete an entire form per invoice. With Sage 200c you can now quickly enter a pile of purchase invoices, one line at a time, all from a single screen – saving you hours of valuable time to focus on more important tasks.
Make error corrections from a single screen.
In Sage 200c you can change key information on a transaction including the date, nominal account and amount as well as foreign currency invoices and credit notes. This will save time when making corrections ensuring the correct entries are made.
Improve your reporting.
Track budget for the whole organisation in real time and report on and distribute budgets by cost centre and department. With 20 new analysis codes, you can now store analysis codes on each nominal record for greater depth of analysis.
Manage purchase requisitions with ease.
The new Purchase Requisitions function provides an easy way to enter requisitions for either stock or free text items, regardless of whether you know the supplier or stock codes. A new rule means that purchase orders will only be raised if the requisition has been authorised.
Hide customer and supplier accounts.
When you no longer trade with a Customer or Supplier, you now have the ability to hide these accounts from the list views. Once hidden, they no longer appear in selection lists and keeps lists smaller and more efficient, ensuring users don’t select the wrong account in error.
Among these new features, there are also many benefits of upgrading, which you will find listed below:
Save time and effort:
- Eliminate errors caused by manually copying and entering data multiple times.
- Real-time data updates allows customers to grow their business as one coordinated team.
- Avoid duplication of data across different sources.
- Prevent inaccuracies by eliminating database failures and speeding up order processing.
- Tackle projects they didn’t have time for before.
- Save time with new, more powerful and easier to use products in the cloud or on a local server.
- Eliminate delays due to the use of manual spreadsheets, reconciliation and period-end closing.
- Increase productivity by rethinking and streamlining normal day-to-day processes.
- Connect everyone (employees, partners, suppliers and customers) by using one common system.
- Automatically organise and categorise data in a more detailed oriented way.
- Improve efficiency and productivity of the back office.
- Link up processes across departments from procurement to manufacturing, sales to accounting.
Gain powerful insights:
- Make well informed decisions using custom dashboards to access the KPIs that matter most.
- Spot investment opportunities thanks to deep insights into payables and receivables.
- A complete view of performance because everything’s in one place.
- With the level of detail you need by building custom reports specific to your business or industry.
- Comprehensive and reliable data on all your customer interactions.
- Better visibility and insight of each department’s performance helps drive the business forward.
So, what next?
If you are thinking about upgrading your current accounting software system to Sage 200c, get in contact with us here, or call us on 0191 500 8150 and one of our Business Software Consultants will be happy to speak to you.
Comments are closed.