Name: Nick Bevan
Job role: Technical Director
Time @ Monpellier: 7 Yrs
1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
When I was growing up I quite fancied becoming a secret agent which then somehow turned into an Accountant.
2. What is a typical day like working at Monpellier?
My day can be quite varied depending on whether I’m in the office or at a clients site, my time is spent managing and implementing projects and quite often preparing for delivery of presentation to help clients find the right solution.
3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Technology is evolving daily, I enjoy keeping up to date with emerging technologies such as the Powersuite and Azure developed by Microsoft. I then look at ways to incorporate these products into our solution offering.
4. What are the upcoming trends in the industry?
SAAS (Software as a service) has been around for a few years but we will start to see more companies making the transition to SAAS ERP and effectively putting their ERP systems in the Cloud. I also believe that we will see more reliance on applications integrated into the Cloud passing data between our ERP Solution and office systems
5. What advice would you give to someone who wants to work in the software/tech industry?
We are slowly migrating to an app based culture. I would suggest learning how to create apps and integrate data stored in the cloud is a good start for anyone wanting to develop a career within this industry.
Coupling this with a modern apprenticeship is also a great vehicle to gaining a career in this industry.
6. What advice would you give your younger self?
Probably to push my boundaries outside my comfort zone.
7. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
Normally my two children have a say in this. I also love to find a solution to a problem and as you never know what problems you are likely to encounter then the only way of finding out is to get out of bed.
8. If you had a superpower what would it be?
Growing up I used to constantly be called Inspector Gadget and this seems to have followed me into adult life so I would have to say a modern version of him. Maybe Iron Man.
9. What’s your favorite quote?
A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
10. How would you describe yourself in one word?
If you would like to learn more about Nick or the rest of the team Click Here